Over the last few years, we have worked with many, many schools both in the UK and abroad (have you read about our project in Zambia?), and we understand how much strain and stress a new school building project can put on the Headteachers and School Business Managers.
Aside from the construction element of the project there is always a significant amount of work to do to make a new building or refurbishment part of your school. This can range from buying furniture, migrating and installing new IT equipment, to recruiting new teachers. This extra pressure means that less time is available for teaching and learning.
Strong leadership and supportive project management are paramount to the success of any project. Successful project management requires a great level of attention to detail. As project managers are involved in all sectors of the project this can often lead to a very large workload. It is important to understand that although your senior leadership team may best placed to understand the needs of the school and keen to be involved in important projects undertaking the project management may adversely affect the day-to-day running of your school. Employing an external management team releases the workload of your staff and ensures that the project and your school both receive the full attention they require.
Employing an external project management services can:
- Save you significant time (and money) by negotiating on your behalf with suppliers and service providers.
- Provide costings for your project based on different delivery options.
- Offer tendering services.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are legally compliant.
- Fully manage your project from start to finish, reporting to the key stakeholders as required.